Compact Residential/Lite Commercial Negative Pressure Waterless Trap
Never Freezes – Never “Dries” Out!
The Air-Trap™ allows liquid condensate to drain from the HVAC equipment and simultaneously prevents air from entering or escaping from the equipment.
Typically, HVAC equipment is fitted with “P” traps that require water, or another liquid, within a standpipe to prevent gas from entering or leaving the unit. As a result, the “P” traps are susceptible to freezing – expansion – bursting. At other times, the traps dry out allowing gas to escape or enter the HVAC equipment. The Air-Trap™ never requires addition of water to prevent unwanted air leakage.
FCN-Series: Residential / Lite Commercial Negative Pressure Waterless Trap
No More Troublesome “P” Traps
• The Air-Trap will never freeze and break
• No more issues caused by traps drying out
• Air-Trap is predesigned to prevent field errors
• Air-Trap reduces trap height by up to 60%
• Eliminates sludge build-up at bottom of “U” tube
• No more geysers when there is negative pressure
• Easy maintenance – use the side clips to open the Air-Trap for cleaning
Negative Pressure Orientation is Horizontal
• Condensate flow up to 1 GPM at 2″ negative pressure
• Schedule 40 PVC with easy maintenance, side clips to open the Air-Trap for cleaning
• Retains no water after condensing has ceased
• 3/4″ internal slip or fitting (can connect to 1/2″ via reducer coupling)
• Meets general building codes. For use on HVAC equipment only. Not for use as a sanitary trap.
Maximum Negative Pressure of WC: 5″
Maximum Positive Pressure of WC: 1/2″
Available Connection Sizes: 3/4″ (1/2″ with fitting)
Flammability rating is UL94 V-0
Available sizes: ¾” (½” with fitting)
The Air-Trap™ concept has been incorporated into IAPMO IGC 196-2018 Standard for Condensate Traps and Overflow Switches for Air-Conditioning Systems.
Send a request
Interested in products from Air-Trap? Leave a message and we will contact you as soon as possible.
C/O Energiteknik Lolland ApS
The FCN-Series Air-Trap™, N-Series Air-Trap™, P-Series Air-Trap™, RLC-Series Air-Trap™ and Union-Strainer™ are trademarks of Des Champs Technologies. All products are developed and manufactured by Des Champs Technologies, Virginia, USA.